You know you shouldn’t take your eyes off the road while driving. You know that …. but it seems you still do it.
Even if you never use a cell phone while driving, know this … others do. You need to watch out for the people who are not watching out.
Now I am not going to lecture you, but I am going to give you the facts.
- Alabama ranks number 2 from the bottom for distracted driving. Only Mississippi is worse.
- Alabama automobile incidents are roughly twice the national average.
- 15 states have banned the use of cell phones and driving. Alabama is not one of them.
- I know of accidents that have happened because the driver was grooming. That is not what the rear view mirror is for.
- It is illegal to text and drive in Alabama but not illegal to hold your cell phone and drive.
- Drivers who text and drive are 23 times more likely to be involved in a wreck.
- It is illegal to watch a video and drive. Really, I have to tell you this?
- In Alabama, you can use voice activated features on your cell phone and drive. It doesn’t mean you should.
- If you are 16 years old, any type of cell phone use while driving is prohibited in the state.
I see people hurt in traffic accidents every day. Even if you think it will never happen to you, let me tell you that being the person who hit a child, parent or anyone else will stay with you for the rest of your life. It can be devastating for both of you.
Also join us on NBC 15 LawCall here in Mobile every Sunday night at 10:30 right after the news. We will take your calls live.
Alabama Personal Injury Lawyer